Breaking News
  • February 21Happy Scholastic Journalism Week!
The Student News Site of Briar Woods High School

Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer

Briar Woods Football Themes

For most highschoolers, Friday nights are immediately registered as football nights. As schools go against each other, student spirit, school spirit, and overall competition stakes are high. With each game having its own curated theme, football games give students an opportunity to dress up and support their school like no other.

This year, Briar’s football theme has been going strong as we have only lost a single game thus far. With this year’s win record, the school spirit has been better than ever! 

Aleksia Christensen, a senior at Briar Woods High School, showcases an immense amount of school spirit for each football game. “I think this season’s themes were different from others because the Briar kids really went all out this year to show their school spirit,” shares Christensen.

Briar Woods has had a multitude of themes this football season such as Gold Out, Pink Out, America Out, Orange Out, and White Out! With the variety of football games, students were able to show school spirit differently at each game. 

“If I had to choose my favorite theme this year, it would definitely be pink out,” shares Christensen. “It was my favorite because of the reasoning behind why we had it, and everyone showed out in their best pink attire. There was also a huge turn out in the student section.”

Football themes and school spirit don’t only apply to highschoolers at Briar Woods. For most games, a large population of middle school students attend football games as well. Since Football games are open to all students, a solid amount of turnout comes from younger students.

Akhilesh Baddireddi, an 8th grader at Eagle Ridge Middle School, has attended plenty of home and away football games. He has attended these games with others his age to show spirit and support the Briar Woods football team as a student who will soon attend the school.

“I saw the high school football games as a great way to reconnect with friends I haven’t seen over the summer,” shares Baddireddi.

At each football game, Briar Woods has a student section and parent section. Moreover, the student section is always the area with the most amount of school spirit as students are jumping, chanting, and supporting their team.

“I noticed the students chanting and celebrating and showing their pride for the school,” says Baddireddi.

Additionally, as all students that don’t attend Briar don’t always get into the student section, most notice a huge difference in how each area of a football game differs.

“[The student section] was always more hype and the spirit and cheering were really cool to see and be a part of,” states Baddireddi.

Though Briar Woods does an incredible job at choosing all sorts of themes, students almost always have another theme in mind that they want to see implemented for the years to follow.

“If I could choose any theme it would definitely be camo. I have seen other schools do it, and their student sections look super cool,” shares Christensen.

Friday night football lights up the stadium every week. As cheerleaders and football players put on a show for their school, enthusiasm builds and competition stakes reach an ultimate high. Make sure to turn up to the last game of the season as the Briar Woods Falcons take on the Independence Tigers! Show up to support the Falcons by wearing Black Out!