Breaking News
  • February 21Happy Scholastic Journalism Week!
The Student News Site of Briar Woods High School

Falcon Flyer

The Student News Site of Briar Woods High School

Falcon Flyer

The Student News Site of Briar Woods High School

Falcon Flyer

Man vs Bear

Man+vs+Bear

Would you rather be alone in the woods with a man or a bear? There is a trend going around on social media asking if women would choose to stay with a bear in a forest alone, or would she rather choose a man? Seven out of eight women in the world said bear. Most bears are nice if you leave them alone- but so are most men, so why would a woman choose a bear?

“The bear is more likely to view me as a child than a man would,” says Alana Castro, marketing and events coordinator of a local country club.

Women are concerned about their safety at this time due to some men being violent with women. Women would prefer death over sexual assault because with death, they can be done, but with sexual assault, they have to live with it for the rest of their life.

According to Sexual Assault Victims Advocacy Center, 433,648 people a year get sexually assaulted, 21% (89,000) of that is men and the other 79% of it is women. These statistics explain why women are so scared of men, and why they would, ultimately, if given the choice, choose a bear over a man to be alone in the woods with.

Leave a Comment
Donate to Falcon Flyer
$185
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

More to Discover
Donate to Falcon Flyer
$185
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All Falcon Flyer Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *