Breaking News
  • February 21Happy Scholastic Journalism Week!
The Student News Site of Briar Woods High School

Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer

Scottie Scheffler Charges Dropped

Professional golfer Scottie Scheffler charges dropped after being arrested for the assault of a police officer.
    Courtesy of Louisville Metro Police Department
    Scottie Scheffler mugshot

Pro-golfer Scottie Scheffler was cleared of all charges he faced following his recent legal case, after a run-in with police officers in Louisville, Kentucky. On May 17th, Scheffler attempted to get around a fatal car wreck on his way to a tournament but reportedly ignored officers’ directions. The prominent golfer on the PGA tour was then charged with second degree assault of a police officer (A felony), reckless driving, and third degree criminal mischief.

Scheffler shared in a recent Instagram story after the news of his updated case dropped “This was an unfortunate understanding. I hold no ill will towards Officer Gills. I wish to put this incident behind me and move on, and I hope he will do the same.” And furthermore reflected, giving his condolences for the tragic death that happened on the scene.

The PGA tournament also released a statement supporting Scheffler on their website. Ultimately, the resolution of the incident will allow Scheffler to return fully to the upcoming season, and onto furthering his career.