Breaking News
  • February 21Happy Scholastic Journalism Week!
The Student News Site of Briar Woods High School

Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer

New Album Released By Yeat: 2093 (P2)

New Album Released By Yeat: 2093 (P2)

The new album “2093 (P2)” by Noah Smith, otherwise known as Yeat, was released Feb. 16. The album revolves around a dystopic existence in the year 2093 where technology is rapidly advancing. The dystopian reality involves a CEO (Yeat) losing his mind from the prosperity he’s received by taking advantage of the industry. 

After Yeat released his album, the song “Breathe” became the album’s most popular hit, receiving over 22 million plays. In the song, according to Genius, “The chorus emphasizes his disregard for others’ opinions and his relentless drive to succeed, while the verses delve into his confidence and determination to rise above the rest. With its aggressive delivery and bold lyrics, ‘Breathe’ captures Yeat’s uncompromising pursuit of greatness in the face of any obstacle.”

Blair Andersen, a senior at Briar Woods, reviews the Yeat album and says that she “First heard about the album on TikTok. [It is a] great album [to listen to] for working out or locking in…It’s important to find songs that help me lock in while studying.”

Another senior at Briar Woods says “Most of this album is made up of classic rap themes such as money and ‘living the high life’, yet one song I enjoyed was ‘ILUV’. It did a very good job of differentiating itself with the beat, yet keeping a cohesive vibe with the rest of the songs. There are a few songs that sound pretty similar, but that’s pretty expected from Yeat. Overall, I think this album is very appealing and worth listening.”