Breaking News
  • February 21Happy Scholastic Journalism Week!
The Student News Site of Briar Woods High School

Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer

An Out of World Experience: Renaissance the Film

A spotlight on the journey that Beyonce’s “Renaissance” takes fans through in the cinema.

Anticipation rises for Beyonce’s new upcoming film, which supposedly is set during the summer of her most recent world tour Renaissance.  With so little information on its contents, fans have been left wondering, are these the highly awaited visuals, or is this a fresh narrative and look?

Speculation is high for how the movie will be set, whether it will be a true concert film, a documentary, or something closer to her past work, Lemonade. The current circulating Renaissance trailers offer a first look into the film and what to expect. “I feel inspired to see Beyonce and her goals, her passion for singing in general and her passion to be outstanding, especially as a singer myself,” says Ashley Cinquegrani, a Briar Woods student and eager fan ready to see the movie on release.

Upon closer inspection into the trailers, it becomes more evident that the film will be centered around the concert and the hours that went into the collective process of bringing the tour to reality. It weaves between raw unfiltered behind-the-scenes stories, and picturesque live performances of almost 30 songs. To many who had not had the chance to attend her striking concerts in person, the film should offer a similar experience.

As reviews from the recent exclusive premiere come to surface, audiences were left in no surprise that the reviews were simply phenomenal. Filmmaker Ava DuVernay, who attended the premiere, left out a statement shortly after on Instagram. 

DuVernay said, “In the film, the performances are spectacular for their entertainment value,  but also a gorgeous spectacle of craft.” Expressing the film’s exceptional production, and the emotional connection Beyonce shares and her openness with the struggle she faces.

Many of Beyonce’s most devoted fans contemplate the different approaches she may take. However, it may be the mystery or intrigue of her craft that brings in all these fans. And for the same reason, it may be why her film is so highly awaited. One thing’s for sure, Beyonce’s film is worth a watch.