Breaking News
  • February 21Happy Scholastic Journalism Week!
The Student News Site of Briar Woods High School

Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer

1989 (Taylors Version) Review

I am listening to the new album for the third time while writing this. And wow, 1989 TV is such a good album I do not think it is better then RED but this is definitely my second favorite. While listening to the album I made sure to take some notes. The song “S!ut!” that many people thought was an upbeat song, is in fact the contrary.”I was really disappointed when I listened to “S!ut!” because I really thought it was going to be a upbeat song” said Katya Lynes. I agree with this because I feel that this song would have had more meaning to it if it were upbeat because of how horrible Swift was treated. Perhaps the best re-releases are “Blank Space,” “ Style,” “Bad Blood,” and “New Romantics.”Swift’s vocals are phenomenal.. If you are expecting the same old thing, be prepared for “Bad Blood,” the beats and sound quality have been changed to provide a different impact than her original production which makes it sound so much better.

The new song “Now That We Don’t Talk” was a very short song to what I thought we were gonna get and it was definitely directed to Harry Styles. The long hair, the yacht reference, it has to be him. “Say Don’t Go” and “Is It Over Now” were also so amazing. “Say Don’t go” was actually somewhat of an upbeat song and I am here for it. I am very happy with the new songs we got and they definitely reach back into Swift’s past. Overall I think that this album was amazing and definitely worth the wait.