Breaking News
  • February 21Happy Scholastic Journalism Week!
The Student News Site of Briar Woods High School

Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer

Welcome Mr. Kaylor

Meet the New Teacher in the Briar Woods Career and Technical Education Department.
Welcome Mr. Kaylor

From originally working in construction, to now working in classes with students, Mr. Kaylor is the newest teacher to Briar Woods CTE department. 

Mr. Kaylor has actually always been within Loudoun County, starting from another school in the area, moving away,  and then coming back to focus on construction. His career in construction didn’t last all that long after he started subbing and found his passion in teaching students. Especially with his grandfather, who was also a teacher, being his greatest inspiration. This newfound passion eventually led him to pursue a job teaching and furthermore into getting a degree. Before working at Briar, Kaylor taught technical education at Stone Hill Middle School. In general, he enjoys sports and hands-on activities where he can use creativity, which is why he teaches CTE classes. And being at Briar now, teaching these classes, he says he notices a big difference in maturity of students, and enjoys teaching as students who take the class see it as less of a chore since it is an elective, opposed to his technical education classes that are required.