Breaking News
  • February 21Happy Scholastic Journalism Week!
The Student News Site of Briar Woods High School

Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer

Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Nooshin Reimer

A Teacher With Flexibility

Many people don’t realize that teachers in the Special Education department have to teach not one, but various subjects to students with disabilities. Ms. Reimer is a teacher in the Special Education department who teaches team taught classes in Algebra 1 and 2, and also fada math, which is a stepping stone for Algebra 2, as well as data analysis. She is a new teacher here at Briar Woods and came from Farmwell Station middle school due to the ratio of students to teachers. One reason that she joined the Special Education department is that some members in her family have special needs, which made her interested in learning and studying about that and start teaching those with special needs. As flexible as she is in teaching, she is also flexible in doing yoga.

Outside of teaching she is a Mom with four children with two of her children at home. During her free time, Ms. Reimer enjoys doing yoga, going to the beach, going on hikes, as well as reading books and watching movies. For sometime in her life, she used to be a dancer and pushed that love for dancing more into yoga. When she was young, she was interested in teaching, but didn’t know that she would end up a teacher so she was more interested in psychology for a long time. That is until she had the opportunity to go to an educational graduate school with a scholarship! 

As a teacher, it can be quite challenging having to balance so much. On top of that, Ms. Reimer is a Special Education teacher and it is a little more challenging as Special Education teachers have to do specialized teaching, different from the regular teacher, and help students access the curriculum. 

As students, it is important that we respect our teachers and acknowledge that they as well have lives outside of the classroom.