Senior Signs

Pictured+are+Arianna+Wright+and+Aiden+Bullis%2C+seniors+from+Tuscarora+High+School.+

Karen Graham of the Loudoun Times Mirror

Pictured are Arianna Wright and Aiden Bullis, seniors from Tuscarora High School.

Chloe DeFilippo, Reporter

March 11, 2020, was the last day of high school for seniors in Loudoun County. Ralph Northam, the governor of Virginia, ordered all schools in Virginia to remain closed for the rest of the school year during a press conference on March 23 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. For seniors, this news is devastating; it means, for the time being, that spring break vacations are likely cancelled, they will not be attending their senior prom, there is no graduation ceremony, and they never had the opportunity to say goodbye to the teachers who have guided them through the past four years of their lives. Two seniors from Tuscarora High School, however, are doing their part to lift the spirits of their fellow classmates: they created class signs for seniors in Loudoun County. 

Arianna Wright and Aiden Bullis wanted a way to unify high school seniors and their families in Loudoun County during this difficult time. So, they decided to create yard signs that read “Class of 2020 Senior” with a “#allinthistogether” at the bottom. The Tuscarora students decided to design the signs without branding them with a specific school in order to unify all students across the county. The students ordered hundreds of yard signs for distribution and rapidly the orders came gushing in via a group on Facebook titled “Families of the Class of 2020 in Loudoun County, VA.” The signs are going for $20 each, and hundreds have been sold already. Signs are available for no-contact pick up in Leesburg. 

In an interview with the Loudoun Times-Mirror, Wright stated that “It’s hard to have it go so quickly to something none of us can control. There is no sense of closure.” 

Though they may not have control of the current situation in terms of finishing their senior year of high school in the traditional sense, Wright and Bullis are taking control of their own outlook by spreading kindness and creating a sense of unity during this tumultuous time.