Delainy Prosper Scores 100 Goals and More on Girls Varsity Lacrosse

Rylyn Christopher, Reporter

Junior lacrosse player Delainy Prosper scored her 100th high school season goal on Tuesday during the Briar Woods vs. Potomac Falls game. 

Potomac Falls is a tough team and one of the Falcon’s biggest competitors. The Panthers and the Falcons were neck and neck throughout the entire game. Ultimately Briar ended up losing 12-11. Prosper contributed 5 goals and 2 assists. Goals were also scored by seniors Dahlia Trippel and Cara Hein. 

Last night, the Falcons played another rival school, Loudoun Valley. Briar started out strong. They had Prosper in the draw circle executing a pull draw straight behind her to Trippel, who tracked the ball into her stick. Transitions down the field were clean throughout the game. On the defensive end, the team had learned from the Potomac game and were able to adjust well to Valley’s plays. At halftime, the score was 9-5. The Vikings double-teamed both Prosper and Trippel for the entirety of the game; regardless, they were able to put points on the board. Prosper had 3 goals and 2 assists to Trippel and sophomore Maegan Douglas. The Falcons fell to the Vikings 14-19 but put up a tough fight. Prosper received ‘player of the game’ for her contributions and for getting her teammates open looks to the goal.  

This season Prosper has been averaging 3 goals per game. She is committed to Liberty University, where she will play Division I lacrosse. She said she has been determined to achieve her goal of playing lacrosse at the collegiate level since 5th grade. Prosper admitted it was difficult to juggle school, lacrosse, and social life during these years leading up to recruitment. Although the recruiting process was challenging, she said she “found her new home in [the] Liberty Lacrosse [program].”

The Falcons are currently 4-6. Earlier in the season, the girls had to overcome an unexpected head coach change. Junior Synclair Guillory said, “It was hard at first because we were used to our old coach, but we overcame it together as a team.” This season has brought ups and downs. Guillory mentioned her favorite memory was at the beginning of the season. “We had a practice that was just us players, and we had a dance circle at the end, and we all took turns going in and hyping each other up. I felt like we really connected.” Additionally, Prosper said one of her favorite memories from a game earlier this season was helping freshman Olivia Yoder score her first goal. She said “For the Park View game, one of the team’s goals was to get Yoder her first goal. We achieved our goal and Yoder got not one, not two, but three goals! I was so proud to have assisted Olivia’s first high school season goal!”

The next girls’ lacrosse game is Tuesday, May 10th, away at Stone Bridge. Make sure to come and support your lady Falcons! Follow @briarglax on Instagram for game dates and times, as well as future updates!