Briar Woods Field Hockey Is Crushing It This Season!

Rylyn Christopher, Reporter

Briar Woods field hockey has had an amazing season thus far. The team, coached by Christine Keyser, has loads of talent this year. With their current record being 7-1, they are strong contenders for states. Considering the last time field hockey went states was in 2019, it would be a huge accomplishment for them. In an interview with Junior Delainy Prosper, she said, “The season has been a really good season for us. Last year was more of a rebuilding season for our team. We had a young team last year, but this year we are on the road to states and we are excited!” After a tough loss to Riverside High School at states in 2019, the girls are more motivated than ever.

On Monday, Briar Woods took on Potomac Falls High School and defeated them 4-1. Juniors Madigan Ward and Emily Winter played exceptionally well, both scoring two points. Others who excelled included Delainy Prosper and Alexa Miller, who had multiple assists during the game. Bella Frick and Eden Powers also gave it their all and contributed to the win by having an amazing defensive game. After winning, the morale on the team is high. Sophomore Anjali Chinnareddy said, “We just have a really good bond; we do team bonding and a lot of us have played together before…. The returning players and the freshman have bonded really well and we all have a lot of respect for each other. The good communication we have off the field has translated and really helped us connect on the field.” When watching the team play, it was clear they all had each other’s back out on the field. As they prepare for subsequent games, show your support by following the Briar Woods Field Hockey Instagram @bw_fieldhockey. In case you missed the game on Monday, you can watch them play their next game on Monday, September 20, versus Riverside at Tuscarora High School. Tickets can be bought at the gate. Make sure to come out to a game and support your Falcons!